? ??????????????Old Fashioned? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.9 (8 Ratings)??40 Grabs Today. 2499 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Hot Balloon? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (36 Ratings)??30 Grabs Today. 2520 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Southewestern Meat Loaf


Well I decided to make something different for dinner tonight.Usually it is the same.Baked chicken..baked chicken...or baked chicken.Which I love chicken but it's not Phils favorite although if he is Hungary enough he will eat almost anything. I am a big fan of easy recipe's that don't take long to put together.I think I like things you bake the most(which is probably why I would rather bake than cook any meal besides breakfast.) Usually when I make dinner we have to fight with our 3 year old to eat "Eat 2 more bits of chicken and veggies" we will tell our son at dinner.

I put every thing in the oven and rushed off to work for my review in the horrible snow.(A 20 min. drive,took 50 mins) After my review,which went well,and I made it there and back safely, I walked in and the boys had eaten,I said "So how was it?" Phil said, "Awesome! Sebastian ate all of it on his plate too." I though, what?Wow, I don't ever get that reaction.Usually it's "not bad" or "that was good,thank you for making dinner" Don't get me wrong, are still nice to hear,but "Awesome" was a goodie so I thought I would share.I found it from the magi zine "All You"
Only thing I didn't like about this recipes is that I used ground chuck and there was puddle of oil from the ground beef at the bottom after the loaf was cut,I drained it and it was a lot.I would suggest using ground turkey, or a leaner ground beef.Which is what I usually buy.Also I HATE cilantro so I didn't put that in of course.I also didn't put in the 1 1/2 tsp. of salt.And I didn't put the ketchup on the top,I almost put sour cream and salsa on top,which would probably be good also. Then i paired it with some boxed Scalloped potatoes and steamed broccoli
Southwestern Meat Loaf
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 red pepper,finely chopped
1 cup frozen corn
2lb ground beef
1cup dry bread crumbs
1 large egg
1cup plain yogurt(not nonfat)
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1Tbsp. chili powder
1tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 pepper
3Tbsp.Ketchup,optional
1) Preheat oven to 375F
2)Warm oil in skillet over medium-high heat.Add onion and bell pepper and cook,stirring,until softened,about 5 minutes.Stir in corn;saute 2 minutes.
3)Add beef,bread crumbs,egg,yogurt,cilantro,chili powder,cumin,salt and pepper to bowl.Mix gently until combined.Put into a loaf pan.
4)Bake about an hour.Spread with Ketchup,if desired,and let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

0 comments: